“There is a feeling that Brian (Clough) did badly at Leeds; I’m not too sure of that.” - England international Stan Anderson was a good mate of Brian Clough
One of Brian Clough’s close mates thought he wasn’t bothered about succeeding at Elland Road “There is a feeling that Brian (Clough) did badly at Leeds; I’m not too sure of that.” England international Stan Anderson who captained Sunderland, Newcastle United and Middlesbrough. Taken from Stan Anderson’s autobiography CAPTAIN OF THE NORTH Written with assistance from Mark Metcalf I was not at the least surprised that he became one of the great managers as he was always very sure of himself. Having failed to sustain his recovery, Brian did exceptionally well coaching the Sunderland youth team to the FA Youth Cup semi-final. And if George Hardwick is to believed, the board failed to extend his managers contract at the end of the 1964 65 season because he told them that Brian would be his right-hand man within two years. That was no way those in charge at Sunderland were having that, and after the club received th...


Comments
Post a Comment